Wednesday 20 April 2011

London Goodies!

Mr G and I have just returned from a short break in London.

Naturally, whilst we were there, I had to visit a few bakeries that I hadn't been to before.

Top of the list were: Ella's Bakehouse in Covent Garden, The Primrose Bakery in Covent Garden and Pierre Herme in Selfridges, Bond Street.

Ella's Bake house was a revelation. The cupcakes were quite dense but so tasty. I tried a Nutella one which despite the name had no chocolate and was mostly hazelnut, and a peanut butter cupcake. Both were lovely.
I also tried a peanut butter whoopie pie from Selfridges which was a disappointment. The Pierre Herme counter though......

Ah, Monsieur Herme.

How you have changed my life.


I have to admit, some of the flavour combinations were a little out there for me. I am a traditionalist at heart, so the creme brulee and salted caramel flavours cried out to me. I did try a chocolate and passion fruit macaron though, which was devine.

The creme brulee was far my favourite though. Positively life changing.

Yes, dear friends, a macaron that perfect can definitely be life changing.

But, my loyalties still lie with Laduree.

I treated myself to a box and also bought a box for my mum. Cos I love her.

All in all, it was a great trip.

Alas, the Primrose Cupcakes didn't make it home for pictures, but I can highly recommend the Coconut Cupcake. Yum Yum.

1 comment:

  1. If you're trying to lose weight then you certainly need to jump on this brand new personalized keto meal plan.

    To produce this keto diet service, licenced nutritionists, fitness couches, and chefs have joined together to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, decent, money-efficient, and delightful.

    From their launch in early 2019, thousands of individuals have already remodeled their body and health with the benefits a professional keto meal plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-confirmed ones provided by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete