Sunday 7 November 2010

Ultimate Oreo Cupcakes

Why "ultimate" I hear you ask?
Well these cupcakes have an oreo base, oreos in the cake mixture, oreos in the frosting and are topped with a mini oreo!

These are definately some of my favourite cupcakes to date.
They were inspired by a cookies and cream cupcake that I recently had at my favourite coffee shop in Harrogate- Bean and Bud.
They sell the most amazing hot chocolate and when I go in, I can never resist the array of locally made cakes that they have in store. One of my favourites is the cookies and cream cupcake which has the most delicious oreo frosting I have ever had.

I started off by separating a few oreo cookies and placing one half at the bottom of the cupcake cases.

I then crushed up a few more oreos and added these to my chocolate cupcake batter.

As if these weren't delicious enough.......
....I made a cream cheese frosting to which I added finely cruched oreos.
I then topped the cupcakes with the frosting using a spatula. I tried piping the frosting, but pieces of oreo kept on getting stuck in the nozzle tip.

I then placed a mini oreo on top!

They were so yummy.
I had made them for my cousin's birthday as a treat for her.

Hope you enjoyed them Tans!!

3 comments:

  1. These look SO yummy and I absolutely adore those mini Oreos on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! they look delicious. I love cookies and cream, in fact I'm eating cookies and cream poptart right now. Did you have any problems with the cookies sticking to the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love the oreo cookie cupcake base.

    ReplyDelete