Monday 31 January 2011

Chocolate - covered Toffee Pretzels

I recently saw a post on the Made with Pink blog for homemade Turtles.

They reminded me of the Take 5 candy bars that you get in America. They are basically a pretzel base with a layer of caramel, peanut butter and peanuts covered in milk chocolate.
Yum Yum.
They inspired me to have a go at making a home made version.
I melted the Werther's original toffees with 1 tablespoon of whipping cream and then sandwiched the toffee between two pretzels.
Yes, it was a messy job. Prepare to have sticky toffee go EVERYWHERE!
At this point, I wanted to add a dollop of peanut butter but I was covered in toffee by this point so decided to give the peanut butter a miss on this occasion.
Then I melted some milk chocolate and covered the pretzels.


Oh. My. Gosh.
A-mazing. With a capital A.

The pretzel shapes make them look like little hearts which is ideal for Valentines' Day!

Warning: they are totally addictive.
I've made them to take to London this weekend for relatives but I am not sure that they will last the week...

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah these are definitly on the to make list. They sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so so good! I love pretzels, I love toffee and I love chocolate, brilliant recipe. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were really yummy :) good work X

    ReplyDelete