Sunday 24 October 2010

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies


A while ago, I saw a post on the Art of Being Perfect blog for Red Velvet whoopie pies and ever since I have been meaning to have a go at making them.

Check out http://www.theartofbeingperfect.blogspot.com/ for the recipe.

The mixture was a lot firmer than my regular whoopie pie mix, and the whoopies were certainly more denser. More like a muffin consistency.

I made a batch of cream cheese frosting to sandwich the pies together.

Mr G loved them. I enjoyed them too, but I think overall, I prefer red velvet cupcakes to whoopie pies. They look pretty though!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you tried these, your right they were very dense and I'd take a cuppie over a whoopie any day. I like how these come out with perfect smooth tops though, I'm all about the chocolate whoopie really x Thanks for the shout out x

    ReplyDelete