Monday 25 April 2011

Easter Afternoon Tea

I hope everyone has had a lovely Easter!


I had two of my sister in laws round for Afternoon Tea.

I made a variety of sandwiches - I don't know what it is but sandwiches always taste better to me with the crusts cut off!


I found these cute mini Easter Eggs in Home Sense and that set off the colour theme for the tea party!


I also made a variety of sweet treats.

Of course we had scones.....


But I have to confess, I didn't make the scones! My lovely mum did.

Scones and I do not play well together.

I just cannot get the hang of them.


I dipped some strawberries in white chocolate.


And made mini Red Velvet cupcakes and mini chocolate cupcakes, topped with micro mini eggs!


I also dipped some marshmallows in milk chocolate.
It was far too hot to make a huge variety of cakes.

But I did make some shortbread rounds topped with glace cherries.


But best of all......

Check out my sugar!

I found these cute butterfly shaped sugar cubes in John Lewis. They are part of a range by Belle de Sucre (http://www.belledesucre.com/) and they are so cute.


I also got some handbag shaped sugar, because let's face it, we all need handbag shaped sugar cubes in our lives!


Nxx

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful collection of treats and pretty plates and stands to match. You must have been soo busy, it all looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete