Wednesday, 20 April 2011

London Goodies!

Mr G and I have just returned from a short break in London.

Naturally, whilst we were there, I had to visit a few bakeries that I hadn't been to before.

Top of the list were: Ella's Bakehouse in Covent Garden, The Primrose Bakery in Covent Garden and Pierre Herme in Selfridges, Bond Street.

Ella's Bake house was a revelation. The cupcakes were quite dense but so tasty. I tried a Nutella one which despite the name had no chocolate and was mostly hazelnut, and a peanut butter cupcake. Both were lovely.
I also tried a peanut butter whoopie pie from Selfridges which was a disappointment. The Pierre Herme counter though......

Ah, Monsieur Herme.

How you have changed my life.


I have to admit, some of the flavour combinations were a little out there for me. I am a traditionalist at heart, so the creme brulee and salted caramel flavours cried out to me. I did try a chocolate and passion fruit macaron though, which was devine.

The creme brulee was far my favourite though. Positively life changing.

Yes, dear friends, a macaron that perfect can definitely be life changing.

But, my loyalties still lie with Laduree.

I treated myself to a box and also bought a box for my mum. Cos I love her.

All in all, it was a great trip.

Alas, the Primrose Cupcakes didn't make it home for pictures, but I can highly recommend the Coconut Cupcake. Yum Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment