I have never made a crumble before though.
I had a craving the other day, and alas I had no apples in the house!
Nigella came to the rescue though. I was watching an episode of Nigella Express on the UK food channel, and she made Jumbleberry Crumble in about two minutes flat.
Crumble craving sorted.
6oz plain flour
4 oz unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Rub the butter in using your fingertips.
3. When the mixture resembles course breadcrumbs - you're done.
A mix of any berries that take your fancy.
I used a mixture of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
4 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
1. Place the berry mix into a ovenproof dish
2. Add the the sugar and cornflour and mix well
3. Spread the crumble mix on top.
4. Sprinle some golden caster sugar and cinnamon on top of the crumble mix.
5. Cook in the oven for 40 minutes (Gas Mark 4 / 180 degrees fahrenheit)
6. Serve warm with cream or custard