Friday 4 June 2010

Birthday Treats!
















It was my cousin's wife's birthday recently so I decided to make her some homemade chocolates. I made oreo truffles which I then coated in chocolate. I also had some peanut butter oreos which I covered with peanut butter candy melts. For those of you who have never heard of candy melts, they are ideal to use to cover home made chocolates and for using on cake pops. They come in a wide variety of colours and can be used in the same way as chocolate. You can easily get them online. The peanut butter oreo mixture remained soft even after leaving overnight in the fridge, but they tasted good. I also covered some salted pretzels with chocolate and sprinkled chopped nuts over them. Well who wants low fat goodies on their birthday? I them packaged the goodies in small cellophane bags and sent them in a basket. Very domestic goddess.....

No comments:

Post a Comment