Wednesday 16 June 2010

Geometric Cookies













I had invited some friends over for lunch and thought I would make some shortbread cookies to serve after lunch. Mr G had ordered me some small cookie cutters in a variety of geometric designs. I thought it would be good to experiment using some fondant icing which I had tinted.




My first mistake was not chilling the shortbread before cooking. I ended up with air pockets in the biscuits which meant that I had to put the fondant on the bottom of the cookie. My second mistake was trying to decorate them in warm weather. The fondant was not as easy to handle and the shapes were not as clean cut as I had envisaged. My first two attempts were pretty disastrous but I eventually got the knack of it. I liked the combination of colours, but it took a bit of time cutting out the different sized shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment