Sunday 19 September 2010

Betty's - Yorkshire's Finest

No baking this week folks as I've been working away from home. I am working in a lovely place called Harrogate which is in North Yorkshire. It is about 1 1 /2 hours away from Manchester so I've been staying there during the week. Have been missing Mr G like mad but luckily I have Betty's to keep me going! Betty's is a lovely tea room and there are branches all over Yorkshire but the first one opened in Harrogate in 1919.

They also have a shop selling a wide variety of breads, cakes and chocolates.
Including these macarons in Chocolate, Lemon, Pistachio and Raspberry.

They have a good range of pattiserie such as their famous puff pastry cream hearts...

....and the fabulous Engadine Torte which is a Swiss specialty with hazelnuts and meringue. Definitely my favourite.


They also do a Yorkshire Curd Tart which is a little bit like a dense cheesecake with raisins.

I also managed to explore Harrogate's only Cupcakery...

Cupcakes by Charley!
They have a good selection of cupcakes and also sell whoopie pies.

Alas, there were no peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes.


But they had a lovely Cookies and Cream cupcake.
The cake was really rich and decadent.

I also tried a Vanilla Whoopie Pie that was sandwiched with a strawberry buttercream.
As you can see it was huge and I was a little bit disappointed. The consistency was more like a Victoria Sponge expecially with the addition of the strawberry infused buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment