Sunday 19 September 2010

The English Rose Bakery

A while ago, Beks sent me an e-mail telling me that there was a new company called "The English Rose Bakery" making macarons and supplying them to the Manchester area. (www.englishrosebakery.com)
We were most excited.
Whilst I was home this weekend, Mr G and I decided to check out Chorlton Food Market and who should have a stall but The English Rose Bakery!

This is Emma who makes the macarons!

She makes a whole range of flavours including Vanilla, Pistachio, Chocolate, Black Cherry, English Rose, Salted Caramel, Raspberry, and Lemon.

Obviously I had to buy a box!

They were absolutely AMAZING!
Now as someone who has a soft spot for Laduree macarons, I can honestly say these were some of the nicest macarons I have ever tasted. They were soft and chewy and what stood out was the flavour. You could smell each individual macaron flavour a mile off.
The salted caramel was absolutely to die for, and I even preferred it to the Laduree version!

Emma will be at various food markets across the North West and if you get the chance I would highly recommend you check out her stall!

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried a salted caramel macaron but now I really Really want one. They definitely look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, salted caramel macarons sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete