Sunday 26 September 2010

Cupcake Topped Cupcakes

Not 'real' cupcake topped cupcakes as you can see!

I saw some fondant cupcake shaped toppers recently on the Art of Being Perfect Blog.

I decided to have a go at making some pastel coloured ones.

I had bought these cupcake shaped cookie cutter from a cook shop in Harrogate this week. I couldn't resist the pastel colours!

I used some ready to roll fondant and tinted it to get the colours the right shade.
My green frosting was supposed to be a pastel shade too but I picked up the mint green one instead! Whoops!

They looked fine though!
I sent a box of cupcakes for my cousin as she has just secured a place to do her Masters!
Well done Tans!

2 comments:

  1. whoa they are awesome! the more cupcakes the better. I love the pretty colours of the toppers and the cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm falling in love with cupcake toppers! Not only are they cute, but they help to cover up my crappy icing skills!

    ReplyDelete