Sunday 12 September 2010

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Brownies

Do you ever have a craving for a baked treat but simply cannot be bothered with measuring out numerous ingredients?
If so, then this is the recipe for you!
These are without a doubt my signature brownies.
Now I am not a total baking snob. Although I don't use cake mixes as a general rule, I am rather partial to a Betty Crocker brownie. I love the fact that you only add three ingredients to the mix and one of those (the egg) you don't even have to measure.
I devised this recipe one day when I had a craving for chocolate and peanut butter.
Simply pour the batter into a lined tray.
Mix two generous tablespoons of cream cheese with two generous tablespoons of smooth peanut butter.
Swirl the mixture together and then add dollops to the brownie batter.
You could at this point swirl the peanut butter / cream cheese mixture into the brownie, but I prefer biting into a big chunk of the mixture.
Wait for the brownies to cool slightly before slicing up......

.....and serving still warm!

DELICIOUS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know the cravings you speak of. Brownies and Peanut Butter a definite win. I will definitely have to try these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I am DYING for one of these!

    ReplyDelete