Friday 3 September 2010

Mr. Potato Head Cake Pops

I hadn't made cake pops for quite a while and after making some red velvet cupcakes, I decided to make some red velvet cake balls. I had seen these Mr Potato Head pops on the Bakerella website.
Hats off to Bakerella big time. I do not know how she gets her cake pops to look so smooth.
Making the pops themselves is not so hard.
You start off by crumbling any cake that you have made.

Add a good dose of cream cheese frosting.

Mix well until fully combined and shape into balls.
I used some peanut butter flavoured candy melts as it was the perfect colour.

You will also need an assortment of sprinkles and mini chocolate buttons....

And voila!
Mr. Potato Head!
I was quite pleased with how they turned out but I wish I could get the coating to go on a lot more smoothly.
Must keep practising!

5 comments:

  1. omg!!!! These are amazing!!! I am so gonna try these, best idea ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehe these made me giggle, Mr potato head is awesome. They look great! Super impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! So cute! LOVE them! I really want to make some of these for work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always impressed by your patience. These would give Bakerella a run for her money!

    ReplyDelete