Monday 30 August 2010

A Foodie Tour in the Big Smoke - Part 1

I went to London this weekend for a family party. Believe it or not, I didn't manage to bake anything to take with me this time so I decided to seize the opportunity and try some of the infamous sweet treats that our capital city had to offer (or at least as many as I could fit into in a couple of hours!)
First stop was Partridges Food Market which is held every Saturday from 10am until 4pm at the Duke of York Square.

Partridges was amazing. A real foodie heaven. They had these cute cupcake shaped tins filled with cupcake flavoured cookies!

There was a whoopie pie stall at the market. I tried one of the oreo flavoured whoopies and I was blown away. It had oreo pieces in the batter and the filling had oreo crumbs mixed in. Yum Yum. The ladies running the stall were super nice and friendly too and didn't mind me taking pictures!

There was also a stall selling yummy looking fudge.

And this stall selling the hugest meringues I had ever seen. Seriously, they were about the size of a small side plate (no exaggeration!)

I couldn't resist purchasing one that had brownie pieces inside. It was delicious.

Last but certainly not least, I had to stop off at Crumbs and Doilies.

They had really pretty looking cupcakes.

They had a good variety of flavours: red velvet, rose flavoured, good old vanilla, oreo and chocolate.

I got a box of mini cupcakes to take home for Mr G.

I managed to only eat two before I got the box home.
Well done me.

The red velvet and oreo were my favourite but I surprised myself by enjoying the rose flavoured cupcake.

I would really recommend visting the food market if you get the chance. There was a Portuguese stall selling freshly made Pasteis de Nata (Portuguese custard tarts). They smelled absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment