Monday 30 August 2010

A Foodie Tour in the Big Smoke - Part 2

As I was in the area, I decided to stop off at the Hummingbird Bakery in South Kensington.

There were loads of cupcakes to choose from but I knew what I wanted.

I bought a slice of the frosted brownie to take home. The brownie was delicious.

I also bought a black bottom cupcake. It was amazing although the one I got did not have enough of the cheesecake mixture in. I have attempted these at home using the recipe from the Humingbird bakery book but was disappointed with the way the cheesecake mixture turned out. It was far too runny to add to the flavour of the cupcake, but it has inspired me to have another go at making them.

The cream cheese frosting was so delish!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy their whoopie pies. Sometimes I think their frosting is not as "creamy" as true US buttercream though...

    ReplyDelete