Tuesday 13 July 2010

Happy Birthday Kim!

It was my sister in law's birthday this week and since it was a special birthday (I won't say how special!) I decided to make her some cupcakes.

It also gave me the opportunity to try out my new gel colours and the piping nozzles I had ordered from America.

They were all really good. I wanted some bold colours for a change, rather than the pastel colours I normally go for.

The closed star nozzle was my favourite. I still need some practice though. Some of my attempts went a bit haywire!

I also used the gel colours to tint some rolled fondant and made these flower decorations to top the cupcakes with. I was pleased with how they turned out.

2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic, I love the colours and you did a great collection of designs. I'm wondering how long it will be before your taking professional orders....this is exactly how it all began for me. : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new gel colours! They just get better!

    ReplyDelete