Sunday 4 July 2010

White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies

Mr G recently tried a white chocolate and raspberry blondie from 'And the Dish ran away with the Spoon' - a Manchester based cupcake company that regularly have a stall at the Manchester Piccadilly Farmer's Market where Beks occasionally helps out. He was smitten. It was, he declared the nicest blondie he had ever tasted. I think it was the only blondie he had ever tasted, but it appeared to me to be love at first bite.

After a couple of weeks asking Beks to supply him with these treats, I decided enough was enough and it was time to divert his attentions a little closer to home. (As any good wife would do.) I searched various cookbooks and online blogs for a recipe that I thought would suffice.


There were loads of recipes out there, all offering different takes on this popular combination. This was the recipe that I decided to go with which I found on the website 'Good to Know Recipes' (http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/) :-

150 grams / 5oz white chocolate
100 grams / 4 oz unsalted butter
3 large eggs
175 grams / 60z caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200 grams / 7oz self raising flour (sifted)
1 teaspoon baking powder
175 grams / 6oz fresh raspberries
75 grams / 3oz white chocolate to decorate (optional)

Method:-
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit / 180 degrees centigrade / Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a shallow baking tray 18cm x 28cm / 7inch x 11 inch.
2. Melt the white chocolate and butter in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy (about five minutes on medium to high speed if using an electric mixer)
4. Once eggs and sugar are mixed, gently fold in the chocolate and butter mixture.
5. Once fully mixed in, fold in the flour and baking powder.
6. Pour the mixture into the lined tray and press the raspberries on top.

It should look something like this.....

7. Bake for 35 minutes until well risen.
Leave to cool in tin and then remove and cut into slices. At this point, you can melt the 75 grams of white chocolate and drizzle over the blondies. I chose not too as I thought it would be overkill, and instead dusted some icing sugar over the top.

Batter mixture in tray


I left mine cooking for about 45 minutes as when I first removed them from the oven, they didn't seem cooked enough in the middle. They were lovely though, and I'm not a huge white chocolate fan. After wolfing down a couple of pieces, Mr G gave them his seal of approval. That's my boy.






2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, thanks for your comment on mine! Some of your baking efforts look tasty! I love all the cupcake cases you've bought - I saw the bake it pretty website and wanted to buy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Both your blondies and Brownies look delicious x

    ReplyDelete